River Kayaking RK1
Whitewater Kayak Lessons on the South Fork of the American River!
Learn to paddle the right way in our professional kayak lessons (<:
For 20+ years Current Adventures’ whitewater kayak instruction program is where California paddlers send their friends to learn the right way! Our proven itinerary is the fastest way to get started in the exciting sport of whitewater kayaking.
In River Kayaking 1 (RK1) you’ll develop the foundation and skills necessary to paddle on your own with friends. Our friendly, experienced instructors start in the pool or easy moving water, overcoming any fears while introducing basic paddling strokes & techniques. By Day 2, you’ll amaze yourself as you paddle through the eddies and currents under your own power. With increasing confidence and boat control you’ll weave and glide down a new stretch of the river and by the end of the day you’ll be planning your return for
River Kayaking 2!!
We work with a 3:1 student/instructor ratio or better – the best in the industry!
What we offer what others do not:
- Current Adventures has the only on-site pool used for confidence building, roll instruction, kids classes and more.
- 3:1 or better student to instructor ratios in our group classes.
- World renowned on-site kayak roll classes with Dan Crandall and the Current Adventures staff.
- A full service whitewater kayak shop with demos, experienced staff and killer deals for beginning paddlers on gear sales and rentals.
- $200 off on your next boat purchase with completion of one of our 2 day beginning whitewater classes (RK-1 or RK-2)
- The best whitewater kayaks from Dagger and Wave Sport as well as Liquid Logic, Pyranha and inflatable kayaks (IKs) from Aire.
Skills covered in River Kayaking 1 – Basic strokes , boat control, eddy turns, all important edge control, intro to river reading , kayak rolling, river safety and etiquette.
Meeting Location: The River Store, 1032 Lotus Road, Lotus, CA
IT’S A GREAT YEAR TO LEARN 2013 SPECIAL PRICE JUST $200!
Price includes: 2 full days of kayaking instruction from 9a-5p with a 3:1 student to instructor ratio, all gear, put in fees and shuttles needed. Ask about our discounted rate for local riverside camping . If you prefer indoor accommodations instead of camping we have great options for you as well. Just ask 888-4-KAYAING (888-452-9254) or firstname.lastname@example.org