Hello and thanks for your interest in our Grand Canyon Kayaking Adventure! ( Rafters are more than welcome too! (<: )
At this point, reservations are open for this trip, and we require a minimum $800 deposit/person to reserve your space on the 2018 Grand Canyon expedition. This deposit is non-refundable as are any additional payments towards your trip. We highly encourage you to purchase trip insurance to cover in the event that you are unable to make the trip.
The balance of the full amount of the trip price is due by February 28th, 2018.
2019 Trip: FULL, taking reservations for 2020 ( call for pricing and exact dates)
2020 Trip : we are currently booking for our 2020 Grand Canyon Adventure and spaces are filling quickly!!
• $300.00 Discount for participants who traveled with Current Adventures or on another Grand Canyon trip with AZRA in in the three years prior to this trip date.
• Initial $800 deposit is due to hold reserved spot for the trip and is fully non-refundable.
• Final Balance for 2020 is due by December 28th, 2019. No refunds are available, although reservation can be transferred to other Current Adventures approved participants with prior approval from Current Adventures and payment of a $100 service fee.
We have chartered the 08/29/18 motorized raft/ kayak support date with AZRA (dba Grand Canyon Discovery), a renowned permitted outfitter on the Grand Canyon. They will be providing the raft support, food, etc. for this trip. Current Adventures will be handling all of the details of group reservations, pre-trip training and information dispersal, payment collections and more. Please Direct all of your communications , payments and questions to Current Adventures with regard to this trip and any elements of it.
Deposit amount due: $800 ( cash or check, $630 with Credit Card payment)
Deposits are non-refundable, and will hold your space on this trip until such time as final payments are due on December 28th, 2019. After that date, (unless alternate arrangements are agreed upon by Current Adventures) non-receipt of the remaining balance of your trip will be grounds for your space being made available to others, and the forfeiture of your original deposit and any payments made to that point. Due to the charter nature and popularity of this trip we cannot provide refunds of deposits or payments once they are made, since we pass them on to our Grand Canyon partner as non-refundable payments.
Deposits can be accepted in the form of cash, wire transfer or check or money order made out to Current Adventures and mailed to us here at P.O. Box 828, Lotus, CA 95651. For additional and final payments, we can accept Mastercard or Visa. CC payments for the balance of the trip costs will actually be run through AZRA’s account, also known as Grand Canyon Discovery, once your deposit is paid to Current Adventures to secure your space. If you choose to pay your final payment by credit card you can use the attached Credit Card payment form and e-mail or fax back to us at 530-333-1291.
Wire transfer info: (incurs an additional $35 bank fee)
If you would like to pay through a wire transfer, please contact us for the info you will need, per our Bank of America branch.
Trip info Summary:
Departure ( put in) date: August 29th, 2020
Put-in location: Lee’s Ferry
Trip Duration: 14 days/13 nights
Take out date September 11th, 2018
Take-out location: Diamond Creek
Initial minimum Deposit: $600/person
Cost: $4050.00/person (Early Bird) or regular rate of $4150 ( after November 15th, 2017)
(not including repeat participant discount or additional fees for wire or credit card deposit payments)
AzRA provides transportation to Lee’s Ferry from Flagstaff and back from Diamond Creek to Flagstaff. Transportation is included in the trip price along with all food and on water services from lunch on day one through lunch on day 14 during the trip dates. You are responsible for your own transportation to Flagstaff, Arizona and your accommodations while in Flagstaff before and after the trip. Room blocks at discounted rates are held at a Flagstaff hotel for trip participants, but are limited in number and you must make the reservations yourself. (hotel info will be provided upon receipt of deposit).
• Current Adventures provides one-two on water kayak guides ( depending on number of kayaker participants), as well as pre-trip support and information.
• Current Adventures can provide you with kayak and equipment rentals and/or sales of new equipment you might need delivered to you or the trip departure warehouse prior to the trip start date. Kayak rentals are typically $200 delivered. Equipment rentals are an additional cost based upon items selected and can include paddles, skirts, US Coast Guard approved PFDs, drysuits, helmets, etc.
• Additional trip info or responses to specific questions can be provided upon request, and will be sent to you as a matter of course upon receipt of your deposit.
Thanks again for your continued interest in our trips and we look forward to spending even more time in this magical hideaway from the industrialized world. To me it is a window into what the world was like before we poured concrete over most of it and “connected everyone and everything via cell phones and technology”. Being able to share it with friends and people who can appreciate the majesty of it all is the coolest thing I can imagine!
Dan Crandall, lead guide for Current Adventures
Owner- Current Adventures Kayak School and Trips, www.CurrentAdventures.com
Owner – The River Store, www.TheRiverStore.com