Kayak Oregon’s Owyhee River with Current Adventures Kayaking for an awesome paddling opportunity in the incredible remote canyons of Oregon’s Owyhee river!
We team up with a long time partner of ours in Oregon River Experiences for this raft supported adventure. We supply the kayak guide(s) and kayaking instruction/expertise and ORE provides all of the raft support and logistics on site.
(O.R.E. operates these trips under a special use permit issued by the U.S. Bureau of Land Management.
O.R.E. is an equal opportunity service provider.)
2021 dates: April 13-17 ( 4 nights and 5 days) ( Rome, OR to Leslie Gulch or Birch Creek)
COST : $1495 /person ADD: the night before ( April 12th) camping and dinner as well as breakfast on the 13th for an additional $90
- The services of our professional raft guides and staff from Oregon River Experiences ( ORE) and Current Adventures World Class kayak instructors on the water.
- Transportation to our launch point from the town of Jordan Valley, and participants vehicles being shuttled to the take out
- All meals, from lunch on the first day through lunch on the last day. Meals are freshly prepared by the guides from the highest quality ingredients. Special dietary needs may be accommodated with advance notice.
- Durable, professional quality rafts and river running equipment, including U.S. Coast Guard Approved lifejackets for rafters.
- Tents, sleeping bags, sleeping pads, camp chairs, and waterproof river bags for your personal gear.
COST for Kayakers or rafters:
50% deposits are required to hold your space, with final payments due 60 days prior to launch date. reservations made within 60 days require the full amount of the trip price to hold your reservation. All trip payments are non-refundable.
The Owyhee River country has been called Oregon’s Grand Canyon for good reason. Owyhee river paddlers discover multicolored spires, dramatic canyons and sculpted grottoes: scenery that is a match for the better-known canyons of the American southwest.
The scenery is superb, but the Owyhee has more to offer as well.
- Soak in natural hot springs while watching a desert sunset fade on dramatic canyon walls.
- Hike through a fairyland of colorful, eroded rock pinnacles at Chalk Basin.
- View petroglyphs carved into riverside rocks thousands of years ago by the Owyhee region’s early inhabitants.
- Challenge the Owyhee’s lively rapids, including Whistling Bird, Squeeze, and Montgomery, then relax between rapids while scanning the shore and sky for bighorn sheep, antelope, and the over 100 species of birds that make their home here.
All this and more is why the Owyhee is the river our guides feel most privileged to share with you. Join us for a true wilderness adventure you will always remember.
The Owyhee can only be rafted in the Spring, when upstream snowmelt brings life to the canyon and creates challenging rapids. This is the most remote, secluded and pristine trip we run. Many of our guests come back to join us again and again, and sooner or later they all want to run this one. This is a very special river: rare and wild, isolated and pure.
- Spectacular desert scenery.
- Great hiking.
- Natural riverside hot Springs.
- Excellent birding.
- Petroglyphs, historic sites.
- The most remote, pristine river we raft.
- Near: Jordan Valley
- Trip Length: 5 days
- Meeting Time: 7:30 AM Mountain time (6:30am Pacific time)
- Whitewater Rating: III+ (Intermediate)
- Suggested minimum age: 12